Healh & Wellbeing Coordinator
Permanent, 10 hours per week
Sompting, West Sussex
In this role you will help promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment. Understanding individual personalities, feelings and lifestyle to enable us to provide each resident with personalised activities relating to their unique interests, making meaningful activity an essential part of care, so our residents can live each day in the way they want.
You will be responsible for providing a varied 7 day programme of activities to stimulate and keep our residents engaged, you will work in close conjunction with the care team, where you will build good relationships with the residents and relatives.
- Help our residents maintain active and independent lives through the creation and delivery of individualised activity plans based on their interests, abilities and life experience.
- Coordinating a calendar of entertainment within the home for both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Develop a forward plan of activities, creating a 7 day service.
- To ensure a variety of daily activities suited to residents lifestyles are taking place in the home throughout the day
- Responsible for maintaining the annual activities planner.
- Establish relationships with the local community
- To formulate an activity profile for each individual resident through liaison with care/nursing staff.
- Build relationships with residents, their friends and family members tailoring individual lifestyle histories and, using these, create ongoing plans in our resident records, ensuring these are updated daily to evidence delivery, together with also helping them adjust to life in a care home.
- To maintain accurate and legible records in respect of each resident activities.
- Review the plan on a regular basis with the resident and relatives and adjust if necessary
- To liaise with senior nursing staff in respect of relative medical or nursing care information regarding residents.
- To be aware of correct manual handling techniques for each resident to ensure correct support transferring residents.
- To establish and maintain regular resident meetings with the Home Manager.
- Ideally previous experience of organising activities within a care setting, would be beneficial but not essential.
- Understanding of the different types of activities elderly residents will enjoy.
- Creative flair with a range of practical skills e.g. arts & crafts.
- Ability to motivate and engage people with good negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan a calendar of activities.
- Able to create an environment where residents feel able to participate and contribute ideas.
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age".
Apply Online or Call Us Now on 01206 224188 to discuss this opportunity further in more detail!