We believe everybody can achieve their aspirations and do amazing things. Our role is to provide people-centered support – support that starts each person we support on the road to greater independence, empowering them to reach their full potential.
We will take equally good care of you and we have exciting opportunities available for motivated nurses (RNLD) to join our team. We offer a structured development programme to help you further your career. All in all, it’s a friendly, flexible working environment where you can learn, develop and thrive.
We also have an impressive benefits package which includes child care vouchers, On top of this, our Voluntary Benefits scheme offers you amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, allowing you to make savings of up to £1,500 a year. Add to this our referral schemes (£500 for referring a nurse, £250 for a care or support worker) and you’ll see it’s a great overall package. At Consensus, we’ll help both you and your career flourish
Other benefits we offer are
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Your NMC & DBS costs paid for by the company
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £300)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
Working closely with the people we support to assess their needs and provide the very best in clinical care, you will ensure all procedures are carried out to a high standard. You will work closely with the wider team to create an environment that delivers skilled nursing care, clear communication, and respect and dignity for everyone.
You’ll lead your team to deliver an innovative service that ensures everyone you support is safe, happy, healthy and full of plans to learn and develop. Day to day, you will assess, plan and evaluate the needs of the people we support, perform risk assessments, manage medication and implement care plans. You will help your team develop their skills and above all ensure needs and wishes are met by engaging with the people we support, their family members and significant others.
The skills you’ll need
To join us, you’ll need to be an NMC Registered nurse with an active PIN number, and a strong knowledge of person-centered care. Ideally, gained experience in working with learning disabilities or complex behaviours. As well as management or leadership qualifications. You’ll certainly be committed to learning and developing further, and have the communication and people skills to motivate and develop the wider team around you, prioritising and delegating where necessary to provide the very best in care. Of course, as well as knowledge of the current care practices laid down by the CQC, you also have a passion for delivering the very best standards to everyone in your care.
Everyone who joins Consensus to work for us shares our values –
Choice & Respect; Ambition & Imagination; Reliability & Professionalism; Honesty & Integrity; Responsibility & Accountability; Inclusive & Supportive
That way we can be sure that every member of every team and service in our organisation is focused on supporting opportunity, choice and success for the individuals we support. We also follow this ethos for the people who work for us. We value your talents and we’ll give you every opportunity and support you need in your rewarding career with us.
Consensus supporting opportunity, choice and success.