Heathfield - East Sussex
Saturday and Sunday - 18 hours per week
At Caring Homes our passion is care and support. We offer residential, nursing and dementia care for older people at our high quality care homes across the UK.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Report to the Head Chef
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to maintain high levels of hygiene within the workplace
- Experience of food preparation
- Good interpersonal skills
But why join our team?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- Great rates of pay – We regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
- One place of work – We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
- Flexible hours – enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package – offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career path ladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programme with full induction training including buddy system
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal - All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – get up to £500 for referring a carer and £1000 for referring a nurse to us
Apply Online or call us now on 01206 224188 to discuss this opportunity in further detail!
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.