Activities Co-ordinator -St Albans
£8.21 per hour
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join our nursing home The Orchards in St Albans as an Activities Coordinator where you will be responsible for providing 7-day activities programme for our residents. Hours for this role at between 8am and 6pm (generally office hours) with alternate weekends.
Responsible for providing stimulation and encouragement to residents through entertainment, activities and community links. Promote the Home by assisting with fund-raising events and functions. Build good relationships with the service users and their relatives. Act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Home.
- To formulate an activity profile for each individual service user through liaison with care staff
- To ensure the safe and proper use of all equipment.
- To maintain accurate and legible records in respect of service users’ activities.
- To liaise with the senior nurse on duty with regard to outings.
- To research all prospective outings in respect of access and toileting facilities.
- To liaise with senior care assistants in respect of relative medical or nursing care information regarding service users.
The Right Person
- Experience working in a similar activities role working with elderly residents where you can put together an activities programme
- Capacity to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Flexibility to work shift patters between the hours of 8am and 6pm
- To be person-centred
- Good interpersonal skills
Caring Homes Group are a well-established independent care organization with 60+ homes in the UK that provides a safe and homely environment where the unique needs of individuals are recognised, and skilled staff is available. To ensure this we offer training and development for all staff to ensure that service standards are achieved.
If you have the skills and experience needed for this excellent opportunity, please click ‘APPLY’ or call 01206 224 188 to discuss this opportunity