£8.25 - £8.60 per hour
An excellent opportunity is available for you to join as a Support Worker for a leading learning disability service provider at our service The Rivers which is in Farnborough.
Are you a kind and friendly person who has good values and wants to work with people and support them to lead an active, enjoyable and independent life?
We currently have 6 individuals living here at the service who really like to be out and about, socialising, meeting new people and enjoying activities of their choice such as swimming, trampolining and a range of evening clubs. There is a large secure garden to the rear of the house where people enjoy Parties and eating alfresco! A person-centred Support Package is offered to all individuals and a wide range of activities and educational opportunities are offered at The Rivers.
Experience is preferred but not essential as you will be given all the training you require. So, if you have previously never worked within Care or have a background as a Care Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant or Care Giver then we would love to hear from you. The role of a Support Worker is like a Care Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant or Care Giver and your skills will be transferable for the role.
As well as a rewarding role we offer great rates of pay and a personalised career path which can see you progress to a Senior Support Worker. Other benefits include:
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £300)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
If this sounds like you and you want to hear more about becoming a Support Worker for Consensus, then apply today by clicking the link below.
For everyone at Consensus, our values are what unite and guide us to deliver the best for the individuals we support. Our fundamental aim is to support opportunity, choice and success, and our values enable us to do this every day. For more information visit www.consensussupport.com
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”