Support Worker - Brand New Service
At Consensus we are looking for people who want to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and share our values–
Choice & Respect; Ambition & Imagination; Reliability & Professionalism; Honesty & Integrity; Responsibility & Accountability; Inclusive & Supportive
That way we can be sure that every member of every team in our organisation is focused on supporting opportunity, choice and success for the individuals we support. We also follow this ethos for the people who work for us. We value your talents and we’ll give you opportunities, training and support in your rewarding career with us.
Consensus, a leading learning disability service provider are looking for people to work as support workers in our brand new supported living service, Upper Park Road, Camberley.
Are you a kind and friendly person who has good values and wants to work with people and support them to lead an active, enjoyable and independent life? Many of the people you will be supporting are taking their first steps into renting their own home and you will be helping them develop their skills and independence.
Our Camberley site is a newly built supported living service consisting of individual and shared self-contained flats providing a discreet, safe environment to support individuals with learning disabilities and a range of other needs including autism, complex needs, and behaviours that challenge. The focus will be on supporting individuals towards greater independence and to lead active, meaningful, fulfilling lives in their local community.
All individuals have a Person Centred Plan that identifies their likes and dislikes which enables the support team to provide assistance tailored to the individuals needs and wishes alongside working towards their identified goals in life; this can range from accessing the local community, learning independent living skills and how to manage a tenancy, finding a job to spending time with friends and family.
Experience is not essential as you will be given all the training you require.
As well as a rewarding role we offer great rates of pay and a personalised career path which can see you progress. Other benefits include:
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £300)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing porta
For everyone at Consensus, our values are what unite and guide us to deliver the best for the individuals we support. Our fundamental aim is to support opportunity, choice and success, and our values enable us to do this every day. For more information visit www.consensussupport.com
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”