Full time - 40 hours per week
£13.50 per hour
We need your help
It is a difficult time for us all at the moment and keeping those most vulnerable safe is our number one priority. At Caring Homes we are working hard across all of our care homes and support services to do everything that we can to keep our residents safe and their spirits high but over the next few weeks we need more help.
As well as permanent contracts, we are also offering short term and bank contracts to help people find work that suits their needs during this difficult period.
We offer a wide range of benefits but more importantly you’ll be providing invaluable support to our residents.
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join our luxurious nursing home as an Activities Coordinator where you will be responsible for providing 7-day activities programme for our residents.
Hours for this role at between 8am and 6pm (generally office hours) with alternate weekend work.
Responsible for providing stimulation and encouragement to residents through entertainment, activities and community links. Promote the Home by assisting with fund-raising events and functions. Build good relationships with the service users and their relatives. Act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Home.
- To formulate an activity profile for each individual service user through liaison with care staff
- To ensure the safe and proper use of all equipment.
- To maintain accurate and legible records in respect of service users’ activities.
- To liaise with the senior nurse on duty with regard to outings.
- To research all prospective outings in respect of access and toileting facilities.
- To liaise with senior care assistants in respect of relative medical or nursing care information regarding service users.
The Right Person
- Experience working in a similar activities role working with elderly residents where you can put together an activities programme
- Capacity to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Flexibility to work shift patters between the hours of 8am and 6pm
- To be person-centred
- Good interpersonal skills
But why join our team?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
Great rates of pay– We regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
One place of work– We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
Flexible hours– enabling you to balance work and home life.
Voluntary Benefits Package– offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
Personalised career pathladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
Learning and Development programmewith full induction training including buddy system
Employee Assistance Programme– Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Online Health Portal- All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
Refer a Friend Scheme – get up to £150 for referring a carer and £500 for referring a nurse to us
If you have the skills and experience needed please click ‘APPLY’