Peel - Isle of Man
40 hours per week
£11 per hour
Please note due to current travel restrictions you must already live on Isle or Man to apply for this role.
Furloughed staff can temporarily join us safe in the knowledge that recent changes to the law mean your furloughed salary will not be affected by working for us.
We need your help
It is a difficult time for us all at the moment and keeping those most vulnerable safe is our number one priority. At Caring Homes we are working hard across all of our care homes and support services to do everything that we can to keep our residents safe and their spirits high but over the next few weeks we need more help.
As well as permanent contracts, we are also offering short term and bank contracts to help people find work that suits their needs during this difficult period.
We offer a wide range of benefits but more importantly you’ll be providing invaluable support to our residents.
Are you an experienced Head Housekeeper and keen to take on a role with more meaning and have experience of managing a team of 10?
Are you a great supervisor with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and superb people skills?
Do you have a warm personality and great sense of humor that makes you popular with everyone?
If so, then we want to hear from you!
Caring Homes prides itself on providing a warm and homely environment for our elderly residents, and our Domestic Team is key to achieving this.
Leading a team of housekeeping/laundry staff, you'll ensure that every room and living space is maintained to the highest standards of hospitality and cleanliness at all times. The Head of Housekeeping role demands excellent attention to detail, but we'll also rely on you to motivate everyone in your team to be at their best.
This is a role that is central to the daily lives of our residents and their families, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability. Our home is our residents home, so your role in keeping it clean and tidy to a high standard is very important ensuring a clean and welcoming environment for the residents, guests and visitors.
- Daily tasks might include updating the team rota to ensure we’re fully staffed, liaising with residents about the best times to clean their rooms. Above all, you’ll ensure residents and their guests don’t want for anything and that everything runs smoothly 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You’ll make sure that daily and deep cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard within the homes communal areas together with the resident’s bedrooms all with en-suites, complying with infection control guidelines.
- It’s important that you respect the privacy and individual needs of the residents. It’s a rewarding role and a supportive workplace where everyone works together.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Experience of supervising a team of staff.
- To understand and ability to adhere to infection control, health and safety/COSHH guidelines
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to organise priorities.
- To recruit, motivate and lead a team of staff
- Ability to appreciate the needs of others
At Caring Homes we are a well-established care organisation that provides a safe and homely environment where the unique needs of individuals are recognized and skilled staff is available. To ensure this we offer training and development for all staff to ensure that service standards are achieved.
If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now or contact Matt Hicks for further details!