Domesric Assistant - Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
£8.72 per hour - 40 hours
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at Huntercombe as a Domestic Assistant. You will work as part of a great team and be making a difference to our residents by providing an excellent standard of service within the home.
Why join our team?
- Great rates of pay – We regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
- One place of work – We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
- Flexible hours – enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package – offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career path ladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programme with full induction training including buddy system
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal - All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – get up to £500 for referring a carer and £1000 for referring a nurse to us
- Reporting to Home Manager
- To provide a clean and hygienic environment for both residents and staff.
- To act in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of the Home.
- To carry out all cleaning duties in accordance with the schedules laid down by the Housekeeper and Home Manage.
- To maintain legible records of duties performed.
- To use all equipment in a proper manner and to clean and store appropriately after use.
- To work in accordance with COSHH and Health and Safety regulations.
- To report any shortages, defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards to the Housekeeper.
- To have due regard to the privacy of residents when carrying out daily work routines.
- To secure the residents’ property and that of the Home.
- To attend fire drills and complete training as required by the Home.
- To carry out other duties as well, from time to time as directed.
- To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the Health and Safety of self, colleagues, residents and visitors to the Home.
- To maintain resident confidentiality at all times.
- To attend relevant staff meetings.
- To act courteously towards residents and all visitors and promote the good name of the Home and Company
At Caring Homes our passion is care and support. We offer residential, nursing and dementia care for older people at our high-quality care homes across the UK with an impressive benefits package for all our employees, where we will help you and your career flourish.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age".
Please click the 'Apply' button, or call Helen Bloomfield on 01206 224188 for more details.