Assisitant Bank Chef
- Fife, KY14 7FG
- £9.50 - £10.15 per hour
Strathview Care Home are looking for a bank chef / cook to help support the home to pick up cover when needed.
Caring Homes pride ourselves in consistently providing first class restaurant quality food for our residents, using the finest fresh, local and seasonal ingredients where all our dishes are cooked from scratch. For our Chefs, this means that they are able to bring their passion for fine food to life, whilst enjoying the variety of working with a regularly changing menu and exceeding our client’s expectations
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centres Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- Food/Hygiene certificate and/or City and Guilds 706 – 1&2 or equivalent
- Ability to plan and prepare meals which are in keeping with special dietary requirements
- Ability to maintain high levels of hygiene within the workplace
- Experience of food preparation
- Ability to cater to various dietary requirements
But why join our team?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- One place of work – We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
- Flexible hours – enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package – offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career path ladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programme with full induction training including buddy system
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal - All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – get up to £150 for referring a carer and £500 for referring a nurse to us
- We are a Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
This is a bank role, with a salary of £9.50 - £10.15ph, please click apply if you have the skills and experience needed.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.