Senior Care Assistant - Strathview Care Home - Welcome Bonus
- Auchtermuchty, Cupar, Fife
- Full time 38.5 hours a week
- £9.30ph + benefts
- Day shift: 06:45am - 7:00pm
- Week 1:Sat, Sun, Mon Thur and Fri
- Week 2: Tue and Wed
- We regularly Covid test all our residents and staff
£500 Welcome Bonus - Join before Christmas and get a £500 Welcome Bonus (£250 paid in your first months’ pay and £250 following successful probation after 6 months)
ABOUT THE HOME
Charming village life surrounded by glorious countryside.
Strathview Care Home provides residential care for up to 25 elderly people in a purpose-built home with a real ‘home from home’ atmosphere. Ideally situated close to the shops and amenities of Auchtermuchty, Strathview’s location also affords wonderful views over the surrounding countryside. All rooms have ensuite shower and toilet facilities. There are pleasant areas to sit in around the home and grounds. The home enjoys attractive views across open farmland towards the Lomond Hills. There is adequate on-site parking for visitors and good access to the village centre and social resources.
We offer fantastic training and development opportunities, each of our care workers work towards their Care Certificate, giving them the confidence to deliver first-class care.
We also undertake a wide range of diverse training, from manual handling to infection control and safeguarding. We have an extensive training team, consisting of regional trainers as well as a network of in-home trainers, able to deliver programmes to colleagues.
In 2015 we launched our own dementia training programme, called ‘My World’. This is accredited by City and Guilds and was awarded the Princess Royal Training Award, every employee is given the opportunity to learn and develop.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An excellent and exciting opportunity to join our Strathview Care Home as a Senior Care Assistant! You will work part of a great team and be making a difference to our residents by providing excellent care standards, taking pride in treating our residents as individuals.
The purpose of the role is to provide residents with the highest standard of care and support, in accordance with their individual care lan and the Home’s philosophy of care. You should act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the home and be a role model for other Care Assistants.
If making people’s lives better is what gets you up in the morning, you should come and join a like-minded team at our Strathview Care Home. As a Senior Care Assistant here, you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents with reliable, compassionate care.
Whether it’s going out of the way to make them feel comfortable and respected, or just taking an interest in how their grandchildren are doing, you’ll be the kind of person who loves to brighten up our residents’ days.
It will be your responsibility to build strong relationships with all those around you, making sure family and friends feel welcomed, that health care professionals are kept well-informed, and that you’re keeping your Line Manager up to speed with residents’ needs and progress.
If that sounds like you, we think you’ll love working at Strathview. We’re part of the Caring Homes Group, which is one of the UK’s leading providers of residential, nursing and dementia care for the elderly.
THE SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
To join us as a Senior Healthcare Assistant, you’ll need:
- Previous experience working with older people in residential care.
- You will need to be flexible, patient, caring, organised and great with people.
- You will have strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Completed your SVQ 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent).
- A team player, you can follow guidelines and policies easily, and will have good written skills, as you will need to write up care plans.
- You’ll be enthusiastic and have empathy, a can-do approach and excellent communication skills. Above all you’ll have real compassion for all our residents to deliver the highest standard of care.
- Flexible to work shifts on a rota basis, and work alternate weekends
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS WE CAN OFFER YOU?
Within Caring Homes Group you can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package as listed below, you will also get satisfaction of doing genuinely rewarding work.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portalWe are a
- Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
- Free or subsidised meals*
Love your job every day! If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now by clicking the link.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.
In order to protect both our staff and our residents, unless there are wholly exceptional reasons (which we will consider on an individual basis), From 11 November 2021, anyone working or volunteering in one of our cares home will need to be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (COVID-19) and will need to agree to continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.