Care Team Leader
- Guysfield Residential Home- Letchworth, Hertfordshire
- Night shift: 8pm - 8am
- Part-Time and Full Time available
- £10.86p/h + paid breaks + benefits
- We regularly Covid test all our residents and staff
ABOUT THE HOME
You can find us in the beautiful conservation village of Willian, just a mile to the south of Letchworth Garden City, in Hertfordshire. With all the amenities of a modern home, you’ll find first-class facilities with exciting activities, and plenty of places to relax or entertain.
We offer a full range of residential and dementia care at Guysfield – including trial stays, short stay and convalescent care, as well as long-term care.
We play a very active role in village life at Guysfield, with many residents making the most of local amenities – including the village shop, post office and our two local pubs: ‘The Fox’ and ‘The Three Horseshoes’.
We also undertake a wide range of diverse training, from manual handling to infection control and safeguarding. We have an extensive training team, consisting of regional trainers as well as a network of in-home trainers, able to deliver programmes to colleagues.
In 2015 we launched our own dementia training programme, called ‘My World’. This is accredited by City and Guilds and was awarded the Princess Royal Training Award, every employee is given the opportunity to learn and develop
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Care Team Leader is to assist in the smooth running of the Home by providing high standards of care in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
It will be your responsibility to build strong relationships with all those around you, making sure family and friends feel welcomed, that health care professionals are kept well-informed, and that you’re keeping your Line Manager up to speed with residents’ needs and progress. A team player, you can follow guidelines and policies easily, and will have good written skills, as you will need to write up care plans.
Setting and maintaining the highest standard of care in the clinical area, you will act as a role model to the care team that you will be leading.
THE SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
To join us as a Team Leader, you’ll need previous experience working with older people in residential care in a Senior capacity. You will need to be flexible, patient, caring, organised and great with people. You will have strong communication skills both verbally and in writing and also will have completed your NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent).
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE CAN OFFER YOU?
Within Caring Homes Group you can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package as listed below, you will also get satisfaction of doing genuinely rewarding work.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Optional company pension scheme, once eligibility criteria met
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- We are a Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
- Free or subsidised meals*
Love your job every day! If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now by clicking the link.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.
*Dependant on location
In order to protect both our staff and our residents, unless there are wholly exceptional reasons (which we will consider on an individual basis), From 11 November 2021, anyone working or volunteering in one of our cares home will need to be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (COVID-19) and will need to agree to continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.